Sunday, August 19, 2012

Update: 33 days until opening night and feeling great

33 days until opening night. I am putting final touches on this week. Will be sending out binders with a final script after this weekend. That means this week I am going to hit the home run.

Since we are doing a staged reading instead of a full production, we will only have a handful of rehearsals. But we want to give the actors plenty of time to rehearse their lines.

I received some great responses to the script. One from an old friend who I hadn't seen in years who came out to read for the narrator:

"Dude I want to see the whole thing I have been telling everyone about it. Really enthralled, great writing."

Can't get much better than that. Especially for neurotic, self-critical ladies like me.

Now that I know the play (as it is so far) was well-received at the auditions, I feel much more confident about the script. I think final revisions will go fine. I'll try to post more frequently in the coming month about the new cast, the process of promoting a play (which I am still learning) and anything else that seems novel or interesting. As we approach go-time, there should be increasingly more to say.


Just a little extra: this is Dan and I on our way to the Sterling Renaissance Fair yesterday. The Ren Fair hires an enormous number of actors for the seven-week run every summer. Kudos to the Ren Fair. And merry met!*

*I'm a dork

No comments:

Post a Comment