Friday, July 20, 2012

It's the People Who Like You Who Really Make It Happen


Daniel Herd (Writers & Books) and Nina Alvarez ("The Life of Leo Wool")


One of the coolest things about my Fringe experience is being able to liaise professionally with my honey. Daniel Herd is Writers & Books' Fringe liaison, my show is being performed at Writers & Books. So I get to do things like call him up at 11 o' clock at night and ask if Fringe offers comped tickets. Or suddenly, while having a beer, demand to know if I can rent an extra half hour of loading/unloading time. He puts up with me.

It's become so clear to me that community theater gets put on because of friendships as much as anything else. Because people who like each other want to see each other succeed. I'm learning a lot about what it really means to be "grassroots."

2 comments: